Rental car discounts from credit cards?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

A friend told me that they get discounts on car rentals when they use their credit card to pay. I have used my credit card to pay for rental cars since a long time but never got a discount. What is the deal here?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Not all credit cards provide rental car discounts when you use them to pay. However, many Swiss credit cards do let you get discounts on car rentals. In most cases, certain guidelines apply to the way in which you must go about booking the car rental in order to get the discount. Discounts may apply to certain categories of vehicles only.

You can get an overview of the rental car discounts available in the moneyland.ch guide to credit card car rental discounts.

The rental car discounts which you get from specific credit cards are clearly rated and listed in the interactive moneyland.ch credit card comparison.

Best regards from Moneyguru