Salt mobile subscription price increase

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamespaj88
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit7/25/23
  • Beiträge2

Salt informed me via email that because of increased operating costs Salt will increase my current mobile subscription price by about 3%.

Since the new price is not what I agreed to when I signed the contract with Salt, if I do not agree with this price adjustment, can I cancel my subscription with the immediate effect, without paying any penalties?

• BenutzernameRalf Beyeler
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit1/29/18
  • Beiträge106

Good day

Thank you for your e-mail.

I have written an article about this (see https://www.moneyland.ch/en/inflation-price-increases-salt-2023).

Salt confirmed to moneyland.ch that customers who are not in agreement with the price changes can terminate their contracts. The penalty fees do not apply in this case. That means it is also possible to exit your plan even if the minimum contract term has not expired.

I have heard from some customers that Salt still insists on the penalty fee. I have asked Salt about this. Ideally, you should contact Salt in advance.

I have had this answer automatically translated from German with DeepL.

Kind regards

Ralf Beyeler
moneyland.ch

• Benutzernamespaj88
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit7/25/23
  • Beiträge2

Thank you, the article you linked ( https://www.moneyland.ch/en/inflation-price-increases-salt-2023 ) explains all the details and answers all my questions.

Additionally I've found a confirmation in the contract with Salt:

Salt may modify its Services and/or any parts of the Contract and/o prices, charges, fees at any time. You will be informed in an appropriate way, e.g. b SMS, letter, e-mail, note on the invoice. If you do not agree to essential changes to the Contract that are to your significant disadvantage, you are entitled to terminate the Contract in writing within 30 days of receiving the notification

I didn't decide yet if I'll want to terminate my contract. First I wanted to know if I'm allowed to do so without paying any penalties and within what time frame (now I know - 30 days as per contract), because these informations were not included in communication from Salt.