Should I cash out my vested benefits account?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

My bank lowered the interest rate on my vested benefits account to just 0.01%, which got me wondering whether it is even worth keeping my pension savings in that account. I am already old enough to withdraw my pension fund money early. Does it make sense to cash out and invest my money elsewhere?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Assets held in a vested benefits account are not counted as taxable wealth. Once you withdraw those assets, you will begin paying wealth tax on them. A withdrawal is not recommended unless you have a secure investment opportunity which offers guarateed returns which - after expenses - are higher than the interest you earn with a vested benefits account.

Moving your assets to a vested benefits account with a higher interest rate may be a better solution. The vested benefits account comparison on moneyland.ch lets you compare interest rates at all relevant Swiss banks.

Best regards from Moneyguru