Should I get cadre insurance for my employees?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I run a small but high-value business and am considering getting cadre insurance for my employees to streamline their pension savings. Would you recommend this insurance?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

An executive pension plan or "cadre insurance" can be worth getting if your employees earn significant bonuses because contributions to your standard 2a pension fund are based on fixed salaries only and do not account for bonuses.

If your employees earn exceptionally high salaries, an executive pension plan can help them to use the 2a retirement savings category to its full potential - both from a retirement saving and tax perspective.

Pay careful attention to premiums charged in relation to the portion of contributions which builds equity. If the executive pension plan offered by your pension fund is not competitive, or if your pension fund does not offer this service, you may be able to get executive pension plans from another service provider. Consider requesting multiple quotes and comparing costs and benefits.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
2a vested benefits account comparison