Should I get contractor liability insurance?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I will be having some renovations done on my holiday home this summer. The bungalo is worth around 90,000 francs, but it's in a campground area with lots of potential for injuries to other people or their property during construction. Would getting contractor liability insurance be a good idea in this case?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Being properly insured against liability for construction-related injuries is important. However, if a renovation project is worth CHF 100,000 or less, you may already be covered by your personal liability insurance policy (if you have one).

Many personal liability insurance policies include liability coverage for building renovation or adaption projects worth up to CHF 100,000.

Getting contractor liability insurance is important if you do not have personal liabilty insurance which covers small construction or if your building project is more expensive than what your personal liability insurance policy allows for.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Buildings insurance explained