Supplementary Swiss Health Insurance With UNSMIS/UNIQA Health Insurance

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Is it possible to get a complimentary insurance if my basic insurance is UNSMIS/UNIQA (United Nations office in Geneva).

If yes, may I kindly ask you to give me the conditions.

With kind regards

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Yes, it is possible to take out supplementary health insurance from a Swiss insurance provider without getting compulsory health insurance from the same insurance provider.

However, some insurance providers only accept applications for supplementary health insurance policies from applicants who also take out their compulsory health insurance. The requirements vary between insurance providers and also between insurance types (i.e. outpatient insurance, hospital insurance).

If you are interested in a supplementary health insurance policy, a good first step is to contact the insurance provider and explain your situation. Only apply once you have the confirmation that you can get the requested policy, so as to avoid having your application rejected.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss outpatient insurance comparison
Swiss hospital insurance comparison