Swiss annuities

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Do any Swiss insurance companies offer life annuities? I would like to receive a guaranteed pension after I retire, but because I travel and freelance I do not fit into the typical pension fund model. Any tips?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Life annuities are offered by a number of Swiss insurance providers and are usually based on 3a or 3b private retirement savings. These annuities provide a way for people who do not contribute the 2a or 2b occupational pension funds to receive a steady income after retirement.

Just bear in mind that in order to use 3a solutions, your income must be eligible for social security contributions in Switzerland. 3b solutions are more flexible and can be used by anyone residing in Switzerland, regardless of their employment status.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss 3a retirement account comparison
Swiss life insurance comparison