Swiss child benefits parent working in Switzerland with children outside of Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I have just moved to Switzerland and will be living and working here for some time. My husband and 3 kids will remain in Portugal. Can you tell me whether or not I can receive child benefits from my Swiss employer for my 3 children even if they do not live in Switzerland?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Citizens of European Union member countries who work in Switzerland can receive Swiss child benefits for their children who live in a European Union member country. Citizens of European Free Trade Association member countries who work in Switzerland can receive child benefits for their children who live in a European Free Trade Association member country.

Citizens of the following countries can receive Swiss child benefits if they work in Switzerland, regardless of where in the world their children live:

Serbia
Montenegro
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Best regards from Moneyguru