What does personal legal insurance cover in Switzerland?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

What does Swiss legal insurance cover? I am considering getting personal legal insurance in case I need to file a law suit or defend myself from law suits against me.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Personal legal insurance policies and the coverage they provide vary between insurance providers. Personal legal expenses insurance typically covers all or part of the costs of lawyers' fees, court charges, and legal expenses paid out to the winning party (on behalf of the losing party).

Not all legal situations are covered by personal legal insurance in Switzerland. Situations which are normally covered includethose arising from:

• Civil damages law
  • Criminal law (when you do not deliberately commit a crime)
  • Insurance law
  • Property law
  • Tenancy law
  • Patient law

Some policies may also include a certain amount of coverage for the following:

• Marital and divorce law
  • Copyright law
  • Internet law
  • Personality rights (name, photo or video published without consent)
  • Neighbor law

Check the exact terms and conditions attached to a policy before you sign.

The moneyland.ch legal insurance comparison includes all relevant information about benefits, exclusions and limitations on the "Info" pages of individual policies. You can also use the comparison to compare policies based on their costs and benefits.

Best regards from Moneyguru