Where to buy stocks?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Where should I buy stocks? Should I buy them at a bank or a stock broker? Can I buy them straight off other investors?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

The easiest way to buy stocks is through a licensed stock broker. Online stock brokers are typically more affordable than conventional stock brokers. Brokers connect you as a buyer with a willing seller and handle the adminsitrative work involved in the transaction.

You will have to pay brokerage fees and other costs when you buy stocks through a broker. You can compare online brokers using the interactive online broker comparison on moneyland.ch.

It is sometimes possible to buy stocks directly from a company (through a direct stock purchase program or a transfer agent, for example), but only a few major companies let you do this and normally only sell newly issued stock directly.

Best regards from Moneyguru