Widow‘s pension / AHV

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamelarissa.merryweather
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit6/17/22
  • Beiträge1

Prior to retirement, I received a widow‘s pension. 
Upon retirement, I received AHV, but my widow’s pension was stopped. 
i would like to know if this is correct or if I should be receiving both AHV and widow‘s pension concurrently. 

• Benutzernameharold
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge58

Hi Larissa,

It is correct. You can only receive one pension from the OASI (AHV). Entitlement to a widows pension from the OASI ends when you reach retirement age and begin receiving an OASI old-age pension.

The same is true for widow's pensions from occupational pension funds (BVG). These also end when you begin receiving an old-age pension from your pension fund.

The only Swiss social pension which you continue to receive for the rest of your life is the widow's pension from social accident insurance (UVG). You may receive this if your spouse passed away because of an accident. You keep receiving this pension even after you retire.

I hope this answers your question.