Calculations are based on individual, issuer-specific moneyland.ch algorithms and the following factors apply throughout:
- The guarantee of editorial independence applies.
- moneyland.ch automatically calculates total premiums including administrative costs and the 5% stamp duty over the entire insurance term.
- Fees are usually charged as a percentage of of the deposit amount. However, there are insurers which charge variable, flat-rate premiums.
- Note that the premiums charged during the first year may be different to premiums charged in subsequent years. These variations are taken into account and total cost are clearly shown in comparison results.
- Some insurers charge a flat fee during the first calendar year. This fee is charged based on the calendar year and not the contractual year. The date on which the contract will begin is needed to provide an accurate comparison.
- Discounts: Some insurers offer additional discounts to liability insurance policyholders. In some cases, you will need to obtain your liability insurance policy from rental deposit insurance provider in order to be eligible for discounts.
- Rounding of numbers may lead to small differences.