Calculations are based on complex, issuer-specific algorithms and the following factors:
- The moneyland.ch guarantee of editorial independence applies.
- Compounding interest is calculated based on your initial deposit and additional deposits. Calculations are based on deposits being made in advance at the beginning of the year.
- If accounts use differing interest rates (interest rate tiers) for the first, second, third and fourth year (and subsequent years), these are accounted for when calculating interest and compound interest.
- Interest rate limits: Where interest rates differ based on the amount of savings held in an account, these are accounted for in the comparison. Some account providers use a range of interest rates for different amounts of savings.
- Interest rates can vary based on the currency used for an account (CHF, USD, EUR). Differences in interest rates are accounted for in the comparison.
- Where interest rates vary based on the age of the account holder, these variations are taken into account.
- Final amounts and savings potential are rounded to the second decimal.