3a Investment Fund Account With Low Costs and Low Risk

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Dear Moneyland team,

I am on the lookout for a bank which offers a 3a investment fund account with low risk and little or no fees and charges

I have already been on your website and took a look at your comparison, but unfortunately I do not understand it.

I would be thankful if you could recommend the best account to me.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

moneyland.ch provides the following resources to help you understand 3a investment fund accounts:

1. 3a retirement account comparison. This interactive tool lets you compare 3a savings accounts, but not 3a investment accounts. The accounts listed in this comparison are conventional savings accounts which pay interest on savings. The risk associated with holding savings at Swiss banks is minimal, but interest rates are currently very low. 3a retirement savings accounts do not normally have annual fees.

2. 3a retirement fund comparison. The tabular comparison which you can request at the foot of this guide lists the costs and features of major Swiss 3a retirement funds. 3a assets invested in retirement funds can potentially achieve higher returns than assets held in 3a savings accounts. However, it is also possible to lose money if funds perform poorly. As a general rule, the greater the portion of a fund made up of stocks, the higher the potential gains and losses. While this rule does not always apply, it is a fact that some funds perform poorly over many years (during extended slups in the stok market, for example). Only invest your retirement savings in investment funds if you expect to hold your investment over a long term. Make sure to choose funds which have low total expense ratios (TERs).

3. Investment fund accounts explained. This basic guide to investment fund accounts explains the costs associated with investment fund accounts.

Best regards from Moneyguru