Amex Platinum Application Process

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernamePectoris
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit3/25/24
  • Beiträge4

Dear Community

I currently have a Viseca Platinum  and I'm considering switching to a AMEX Platinum Card.

One thing that stood out on the Amex Application is that you need to declare ur income which needs to be above 120'000 annualy for the Platinum version. 

How does this actually work, Im currently earning above that amount but does the Company ask me for documents or do they just *approve* it ? How does that actually works since anyone could just type in something. Since with my other Platinum card it just got approved immediately. 

And since i never had 2 credit cards. Does the limit of those 2 fuse or to i have for example 2x10k which adds to a total limit of 20k?

Thank you for your help.

• Benutzernameharold
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge58

They may ask you for salary statements or a bank statement to verify your income. It is possible that they may make an exception if your income is slightly lower than the 120,000 requirement, depending on your creditworthiness.

The credit limit does not fuse with that of your Viseca card. Each lender grants you their own line of credit separately. Your existing line of credit may effect your debt capacity, which is the amount of loans you can service without the risk of becoming overindebted. But if you always pay your bill in full each month, that shouldn't be an issue.

The Platinum Card from American Express doesn't have a maximum credit limit. With a high income, you could likely get a line of credit well above 10,000 francs.