Best cash back credit card Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Which Swiss credit card gives the highest cash back? Best for flatrate cash back? Best cash back in spending categories? Thanks

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

You can easily find the credit cards which deliver the highest cash back using the unbiased moneyland.ch credit card comparison. Just select "Cash-back" under "Reward programs" to limit results to credit card which let you earn cash back.

Best regards from Moneyguru

• Benutzernamethetownclownsa
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/25/17
  • Beiträge88

Since the Swisscard Cashback American Express seems to be the most profitable Swiss cash back credit card right now, I was wondering if anyone has a list of stores/services/etc. which accept it.

• Benutzernameeasyrider
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge22

You can pay anywhere which takes American Express, which is probably tens of thousands of stores, etc. But here are a few to get you started:

• Coop (and most stores in the Coop group)
  • Migros (and most Migros group stores)
  • Denner
  • Yallo (for paying phone bills online)
  • SBB (ticket offices and vending machines)

I think a more sensible approach is to list stores where I was not able to pay with American Express:

• Lidl
  • A few Burger King restaurants (though they're the exception)
  • .....aside from that it has only been the odd cafe, kebab place or Turkish supermarket. Also small online shops.

On the whole, I find American Express is pretty widely usable in Switzerland. I can use the Cashback card for most of my spending with credit cards. In Germany it's big as well. In France it's a hit and miss (mostly miss), and in Spain it was barely usable. But I use the Transferwise card for travel, so no big issue. The cash back you get with the Swisscard doesn't cover the foreign transaction fee, so it isn't worth it.