Best Swiss loans for border hoppers

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.
  • BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I live in Germany but work in Switzerland. Which Swiss bank has the best loans for "G" residence permit holders?

  • BenutzernameMoneyguru von
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4016


If you live in Switzerland but work outside of Switzerland, you should have no trouble being approved for a personal loan from a Swiss lender as long as you meet all financial requirements.

If, on the other hand, you live outside of Switzerland (Austria, Germany, France or Italy, for example) but work in Switzerland, you may not be approved for a loan from most reputable Swiss lenders.

However, there are exceptions. You can easily find out which personal loans you are eligible for by selecting the "G permit" option under "Residence permit" in the personal loan comparison. Only offers which match your residence status and other criteria will appear in comparison results.

Additional criteria may apply. For example, Cembra Money Bank only gives loans to cross-border workers who have worked in Switzerland for 4 consecutive years. Bank-now only provides loans to cross-border workers at specific branch offices in border towns (Basel, for example).

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Personal loans: Criteria for approval
Personal loans: Common mistakes
Personal loans: Key tips
Personal loans: Tax deductions