Can Bank Cler customers withdraw money at Coop stores?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Can Bank Coop (now Bank Cler) customers withdraw money and get other banking services at Coop stores? I work throughout the day so I only have time for banking in the evening/weekend, but I prefer personal contact to ATMs or online banking.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Bank Coop (now Bank Cler) customers can withdraw money and access services at Bank Cler branch offices and via Bank Cler ATMs or digital banking (online/mobile).

Bank Coop took a different approach to Migros Bank, which provides many basic services like cash withdrawals at the tills of Migros stores. Coop's approach has been to provide many banking services via its Coop Depositenkasse subsidiary, which has branches in many Coop department stores.

Since its rebranding as Bank Cler, Bank Coop continues to operate ATMs at many Coop supermarkets.

If you want the convenience of withdrawing money at supermarkets, both Migros Bank and Postfinance provide free cash withdrawals at many Swiss supermarkets and convenience stores.

Another alternative is to use the Sonect app, a prepaid service which lets you make small cash withdrawals (up to 200 francs) at numerous Swiss merchants (Note: From August 2020, Sonect will charge 99 centimes per cash withdrawal.

You can find useful information on withdrawing money at stores in the guide to withdrawing money at retail stores in Switzerland.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Bank package deal comparison
Private bank account comparison
Credit card or debit card?