Can I get a loan without having a debt collection register report?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

A serious misunderstanding some time back resulted in my landlord reporting me to the debt collection office and my attempts to get rid of the bad mark in my debt collection register report have not been successful.

Every time I apply for a loan I am asked to sumit a copy of my debt collection register report and so far I have just chickened out of applying at all because I assume I will be rejected.

Is this the case? Does a negative debt collection register entry automatically result in a loan rejection? Are there any lenders which do not ask for a debt collection register report?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

As a general rule, Swiss lenders will not give you a loan if you have negative entries in a debt collection register.

You could try to get a peer to peer loan or a private loan. However, getting new loans when you have an open debt collection case is not recommended.

Ideally, you will want to focus on settling your debt and having the entry removed from the debt collection register before you take on new loans.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
14 Lifestyle Hacks to Get Out of Debt Fast