Can I get a pension from the Substitute Occupational Benefit Institution?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I became self-employed around 10 years back and moved my pension fund money to the Substitute Occupational Benefit Institution so I could keep savings for retirement. What I want to know is whether the Substitute Occupational Benefit Institution can pay me out a regular pension when I retire. Is this possible or do I have to withdraw my money in one go when I retire?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

The Substitute Occupational Benefits Institution provides its WO pension plan to those who aren't eligible to join a pension fund. This plan pays out a pension during retirement using the legal minimum conversion rate. Your pension is based solely on your required contributions (a percentage of your income), and not on additional, voluntary contributions. These are paid out in a lump sum when you retire.

Best regards from Moneyguru