Cost of accepting Swiss postal deposit slips for payments

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I run a localized online business and would like to give my customers the chance to pay by deposit slip at the post office. How much could I expect to pay in fees when I accept this form of payment?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

When somebody deposits money into your bank account at a Swiss post office using a deposit slip, you pay a fee to the post office. The exact amount you pay depends on the type of deposit slip used (orange or red) and the amount being transacted.

When a standard orange deposit slip is used, fees range from CHF 0.90 (for deposits up to CHF 50) to CHF 2.95 (deposits between CHF 1000 and CHF 10,000). For amounts above CHF 10,000, and additional CHF 0.90 will be charged for every additional increment of CHF 10,000 deposited.

Fees are higher when red deposit slips are used. These range from CHF 1.50 for deposits up to CHF 50 to CHF 3.55 for deposits between CHF 1000 and CHF 10,000.

No fee is charged to the person depositing the money, though some Swiss merchants add the deposit fee to the total charge.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Payment card interchange fees explained