Cumulus vs. Supercard

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Because Migros and Coop operate so many similar stores in Switzerland (both have supermarkets, electronics stores, DIY stores, restaurants, travel agencies, etc.), I was wondering which rewards program delivers better value in francs and centimes. Would I get more rewards value if I shopped at Migros stores only, Coops stores only, or are the rewards earning/redemption rates just the same? If one program doesn’t deliver better value than the other, I can just shop at whichever store is more convenient and collect a bit of both. Have you (anyone out there) used both programs? Which do you feel saves more money per franc spent?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Both the Migros Cumulus and the Coop Supercard rewards programs offer similar rates for earning and redeeming rewards. Both programs let you earn 1 point for each 1 Swiss franc spent at the corresponding store. Both let you redeem points for vouchers at the rate of 1 centime per point.

Coop and Migros both run special offers on which you may earn more than the standard rate of points. Both also run special offers for redeeming points which can deliver better value than the standard conversion rate.

An interesting benefit which comes with the Supercard program is the 3% discount on REKA checks for Supercard members. REKA checks can be redeemed at their face value at many Swiss merchants in the travel (including public transportation) and leisure sectors. Supercard members who use public transportation or make purchases from other merchants which accept REKA can save 3% on those purchases by buying REKA checks at (larger) Coop supermarkets.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss Credit Card Reward Programs Explained