Fixed Rate Mortgage for Property Purchase

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Dear sir/madame,

I tried to apply for a free mortgage consultation through your website. I was not able to select the offers or go to the next step, so I have decided to apply here.

Would one of your partners accept this mortgage in Brugg, Aargau?

Price of property: 835,000 francs
Mortgage required: 900,000 francs
Down payment: 180,000 francs
Annual gross income: 175,000 francs

I look forward to your response.

Thank you and kind regards.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

moneyland.ch is an unbiased comparison service. It does not offer mortgage consultation at this time.

The mortage comparison offered by moneyland.ch lets you find the best mortgage for your specific situation based on the reference interest rates of all relevant banks and insurance providers which publish this data. Rates are updated daily.

The comparison also includes lenders which do not partner with moneyland.ch to provide integrated quote requests. In this way, moneyland.ch helps you find the right mortgage even if this is not offered by a partner. What this means for you as a user is that you cannot request free quotes or consultation for all mortgages directly on moneyland.ch. However, you can find the right mortgage and request consultation directly from the corresponding lender.

The moneyland.ch comparison lets you find out whether you have sufficient capital for the down payment, and whether you meet affordability requirements. While there are small differences in the eligibility criteria used by lenders, requirements are similar across Swiss mortgage lenders.

For example, if a property's purchase price is CHF 835,000, you have CHF 185,000 towards the down payment, the interest rate is 1%, the property's maintenance costs are CHF 8359 per annum (1% of purchase price), the amortization term is 15 years, your gross annual income is CHF 175,000 and the imputed interest rate used for affordability calculations is 5%, you would meet affordability requirements for a CHF 655,000 mortgage (purchase price minus down payment), and the loan-to-value ratio would be sufficient.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss mortgage comparison
Swiss mortgage calculators