Gross or Net Income for Income Tax?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.
  • BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

When filling out my income tax return, do I state my gross income or my net income (after contributions to my pension fund, social security, accident insurance, the child benefits scheme, etc.)?

  • BenutzernameMoneyguru von
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4016

Hi there,

You must declare your net income (your salary after social security deductions).

Contributions to social security schemes, including old age and survivors insurance (OASI), disability insurance (DI), unemployment insurance, non-occupational accident insurance and income compensation insurance for servicemen and maternity, should not be declared as taxable income.

Best regards from Moneyguru