How many 3a retirement savings accounts can I open in Switzerland?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Hi forum legends,

Can you tell me how many Swiss 3a accounts I can open? Is there a limit? What would you recommend?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings,

There is no legal limit on the number of Swiss 3a retirement savings accounts you can open.

However, it is not advisable - and often not possible - to open more than two 3a accounts at the same bank. Many municipal tax offices too will only accept statements for a maximum of two 3a retirement accounts at the same bank.

As long as you use different banks, you can hold as many 3a accounts as you need. Dividing retirement assets between multiple banks also provides greater protection from bank failures.

You can easily find out which 3a retirement savings accounts currently offer the highest interest rates by using the unbiased moneyland.ch 3a retirement account comparison.

More on this topic:
Swiss 3a retirement account comparison
Swiss 3a retirement funds explained
Swiss 3a investment accounts explained