Increasing a loan in Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

How do I go about increasing the size of my loan in Switzerland? Can I increase my loan at any time I choose? Would I have to pay to up my loan?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings.

All Swiss lenders allow you to increase the size of your loan as long as your creditworthiness is as good or better than it was when your loan was first approved.

Select the "Loan increase" option under "Type of loan" when using the moneyland.ch personal loans comparison.

Alternatively, you could also apply for a new loan from another lender. This is a good option if you find a loan with an interest rate lower than that of your current loan.

If another loan offers significantly lower interest than your current loan, it may be worth it to refinance your entire loan using the cheaper offer.

You can find out whether or not refinancing a loan is a good financial move by using the loan refinancing calculator on moneyland.ch.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Personal loans comparison
Loan refinancing calculator
Refinancing: How to replace a loan