Is 3a tax benefit pro-rata when cashing out?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamedangermouse
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/19/22
  • Beiträge2

I am toying up whether to contribute to my 3a this year, as I am considering leaving Switzerland in mid 2022, to a non-EU country hence can withdrawal the account in full (minus any withholding taxes/fees etc).

Would I still receive the full tax benefit from the ~6,800 contribution, even if I were to withdraw it in 6 months time? or is the benefit pro-rated (so roughly half), or non at all?

If there is a tax deduction, how might this even be factored as I would also have a closing tax submission when I deregister (mid year), whereas the Fund would usually only issue a certificate at the end of the calendar year.

Thanks alot moneyland minds!

• BenutzernameFast Trader
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit8/13/15
  • Beiträge173

Good question. Did you already ask the cantonal tax authorities? They decide on these matters and they have to know.