Is there a way I can store valuables in Switzerland without importing them and paying tax?

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I am an avid collector of antique furniture and purchase pieces all over the world. Because the invoiced costs of individual items are high, I find myself spending a lot of money on VAT and customs duties. Occasionally, I sell items to other collectors outside of Switzerland, and then there is the whole export rigmarole to deal with. Are there any options for storing goods in Switzerland without having to actually legally import them?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

If you have valuables like fine art or precious metals which you would like to store in Switzerland without actually importing them, a bonded warehouse may be the right solution. You can find useful information in the guide to using bonded warehouses in Switzerland.