Leasing cars vs paying cash

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Is leasing a car a good idea money-wise, or should I get a cash loan and buy the car outright?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

You can get a good overview of how the costs of leasing compare in this guide to the costs of car leasing.

You can also use the leading Swiss car leasing calculator to find the exact cost of your lease.

Best regards from Moneyguru

• Benutzernameozzymac10
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit7/14/23
  • Beiträge3

In my experience, deciding whether to lease a car or obtain a cash loan to purchase it outright involves careful consideration of various factors. When I was faced with a similar decision, I evaluated my financial situation and priorities.

Leasing a car appealed to me because it allowed for lower monthly payments and the flexibility to drive a new vehicle without committing to its long-term ownership. As someone who appreciates having the latest features and technology, leasing provided an opportunity to enjoy those benefits. Additionally, the maintenance and repair costs were generally covered under the lease agreement, offering peace of mind.

On the other hand, buying a car outright with a cash loan had its advantages as well. It meant I would own the vehicle from the start, eliminating monthly lease payments. Although the initial financial investment was higher, I recognized the long-term cost savings as I wouldn't be subject to mileage restrictions or potential penalties for excess wear and tear.

Ultimately, my decision was influenced by my financial goals, my preference for driving newer models, and my desire for financial flexibility. However, it's important to carefully decide which is best and analyze your own financial situation, including your budget, long-term goals, and preferences, before making a decision.