Loan for founding a business in Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I am busy setting up a business and want to know where I can a loan that I can use for this purpose. Any recommendations would be a help.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings,

There are a number of different options for financing a business. Which options you can use depends on the type of business, the amount you need and your financial situation, among other factors.

Option 1: Investors

An investor invest money in your business in exchange for a share of ownership in the business. You have no obligation to repay the invested money, but when your business turns a profit, a portion of the profit goes to the investor.

Option 2: Personal loans

If you are founding a small business (as a self-employed person, for example) and need money to finance it, a personal loan may be an option. Just note that personal loans often come with relatively high interest rates (up to 10% effective annual interest). When you apply for a personal loan, lenders are primarily interested in your creditworthiness. The way in which you will spend the money is not normally a key issue. You can use the moneyland.ch personal loan comparison to find the best deals for the loan you need.

Option 3: Business loans

If your business requires significant funding, a business loan could provide that funding. However, most business loan applications are denied. This is especially true if the business in question is a new business or startup, which have a higher risk of default. Before you apply for a business loan, make sure to compare the costs and conditions ahead of applying. You can do this using the moneyland.ch business loan comparison.

Best regards from Moneyguru