Manentia Wealth Consulting Group (MWC)

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamepaipor
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit8/28/20
  • Beiträge2

Anybody with experience with MwC? They are offering a pension plan in the III b pillar with SwissLife but I would like to hear from others who have been working with them for a while.

In principle it is interesting on the long term and is portable, tax free and capital guarentee, but would love to hear from others before getting into it.  

Also, not sure what is the added value of MwC vs doing this directly with SwissLife. 

• Benutzernamejosemarcos
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge19

I've never heard about MwC until now, but if a financial consultant tried to sell me on using life insurance for retirement saving, I would probably think twice before using that consultant. Life insurance = high sales commissions for the consultant, but high costs for you.

One thing that I can tell you is that using life insurance to save for retirement is simply a bad idea. The numbers just really don't add up.

The pillar 3b is not tax privileged. In fact, the term is pretty much only used to describe cash value life insurance policies which are not tax privileged. The pillar 3a is the tax-privileged category.

You'll end up getting a better deal using normal savings accounts, fixed deposits, ETFs or funds. In fact, even using a savings plan from a bank or other asset manager would likely deliver higher returns than cash value life insurance.

If you need actual life insurance to provide for your dependents if you die, just get term life insurance separately from your retirement savings.