More than two Swiss vested benefits accounts

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

After leaving my last employer 9 years ago I moved my pension money to 2 vested benefits accounts. My husband and I are busy divorcing and and our lawyer recommended that I open a new vested benefits account to transfer my share of my husband's pension savings into. As far as I know, I can only have a maximum of two vested benefits accounts. How should I go about this?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

When you leave a pension fund (when leaving an employer, for example), you can open a maximum of 2 vested benefits accounts to transfer your pension savings into.

There are circumstances under which you may end up with more than 2 vested benefits accounts, and this is perfectly legal. If you become employed again, you can transfer the money from your various vested benefits accounts to your new pension fund. If you do not join a new pension fund before you retire, having mulitple vested benefits accounts is beneficial because you can withdraw your assets over several years to avoid being placed in a higher tax bracket.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Vested benefits account comparison