Options for working remotely from CH for an entity in a EU country

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameACME
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit5/27/21
  • Beiträge1

Hi,
I am an EU national. I live in Switzerland. I want to work for a company based in the Netherlands. I will work from home in Switzerland 3 days a week and travel to the NL two days a week maximum.
They have no legal entity in Switzerland and do not plan to have one.
What are the options for myself and the employer?

• Benutzernamesmartfreddy
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge29

If your employer is in the EU but you live in Switzerland and at least 25% of your work is done from Switzerland, then you remain under the Swiss social security system. You are entitled to the same employee benefits that you would be if you worked for a Swiss employer (i.e. employer contributions to your Swiss AHV and pension fund, occupational accident insurance paid by your employer, etc.

Your employer can appoint you as proxy to handle social insurances in Switzerland.

Another option is to use a Swiss payroll company. This has to be orgnized by your employer. Most employers will only bother with this if they hire several employees in Switzerland, but you could present it as an option.

There is another thread on a similar topic here:
https://www.moneyland.ch/en/forum/options-to-be-an-employee-living-in-switzerland-remote-work-for-an-employer-based-in-finland-5610