Precious metal funds review

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Good day,

As part of an investment I am looking for the most important mutual funds invested in physical gold, physical silver and precious metal in Swiss Francs (no ETF).

Thanks so much you for your kind reply and support regarding my business request.

I look forward to hearing from you. 

My best wishes 

• BenutzernameFast Trader
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit8/13/15
  • Beiträge172

I couldn't find suitable funds with the exception of ETFs.

ZKB offers one of the largest gold ETFs in various currencies, including Swiss francs, and a silver ETF, also in various currencies. Both ETFs are backed by physical gold and silver respectively and are considered relatively safe. You should clarify in which amount, denomination and at what cost the gold can be delivered. Advantage: low costs when buying and selling, relatively safe, exact replication of the commodity price. Disadvantages: Recurring annual costs of 0.4% (gold) or 0.6% (silver).

In principle, these ETFs are well suited for short- to medium-term investments in precious metals, because buying and selling is cheap and uncomplicated compared to physical investments in precious metals. In the long term, the one-off transaction costs are less significant and physical buying is recommended.

When you buy coins or bars (e.g. at pro aurum or degussa), one-off costs of between 3 and 5 per cent must be expected (spread of the corresponding future price).