Reloadable Credit Cards in USD and CAD (Prepaid)

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I travel to the US and Canada often and would like a prepaid card which uses US dollars or Canadian dollars. I haven't found one yet. Could you recommend one?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

You can use the moneyland.ch credit card comparison to filter and sort credit cards and prepaid card based on many different criteria. These cirteria include currencies (CHF, EUR, USD) and card type (standard, gold, platinum, prepaid).

Just select the "Prepaid" and "USD" filters to limit results to prepaid cards denominated by U.S. dollars.

As far as we know, prepaid cards in CAD are not offered by any Swiss issuer. If you frequently travel to Canada and want to use a payment card to pay for purchases, make sure to choose a card with a low foreign transaction fee. Selecting the "Individual profile" option in the moneyland.ch credit card comparison lets you enter the number of purchases and cash withdrawals in foreign currencies which you expect to make every year and find the cheapest card for your needs.

Best regards from Moneyguru

• Benutzernamemrniceguy
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge14

The Revolut card is an option to look into. You can now transfer francs to a Swiss Revolut account, so no international transfer needed.

Revolut has very good rates for francs to Canadian dollars on weekday when forex markets are open. Just change francs to CAD in the app ahead of the weekend because the weekend rates bite.

• Benutzernamebestjohnsontvc
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit11/13/20
  • Beiträge2

Great work on the solution. I’m really amazed by the quality of service that you have been providing here. wink