Secure bank accounts Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Hi,

I am interested in opening a savings or equivalent account in Switzerland but even with large banks like Credit Suisse it is nearly impossible to get in contact with them. I live in Stockholm but they never answer their phone or have any email adress presented on their home page.

What happenend in Cyprus 2013 has actually been suggested in EU through leaked documents. Peoples savings could be frozen for a period of time in case the bank crisis in EU will be at full swing. Maybe people also, like in Cyprus, loose some of their savings.

This is reason being I would like to have some savings in Switzerland, but is it much safer there and in that case why is it safer?

I would appreciate some assistance and if you can recommend some banks. How do I get in contact with them?

Regards,

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Swiss banks have become more hesitant about taking on non-resident customers in recent years. In the best case your application will be accepted.

You can use the private account, savings account, brokerage account and asset management comparisons provided by moneyland.ch to list and compare Swiss bank accounts.

Important: Most Swiss banks charge high additional administrative fees to non-resident who hold accounts with them. These additional fees are NOT listed in the comparison tools on moneyland.ch.

These additional non-resident fees typically amount to several hundred Swiss francs per annum. Some banks make exceptions for customers who meet certain criteria (minimum assets at bank, asset management customers). You can get an overview of non-resident fees and download a non-resident fee comparison with detailed information (as a PDF) in the moneyland.ch guide to non-resident fees.

Regarding security: On moneyland.ch, only Swiss banks - regulated by the Swiss Financial Market Supervisory Authority FINMA - are listed.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss bank fees for non-resident customers