Store won't give me the advertised price

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

If a store advertises a price online or in a catalog, do they legally have to sell for that price? I went all the way to a store in another town because they had advertised a great price on sport equipment. When I got there and showed them the flyer, they said there had been a mistake and the prices were actually a lot higher. They refused to give me the stuff at the prices quoted on the flyer. Basically a huge waste of time.

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings,

In Switzerland, merchants are not legally obligated to provide goods or services at a price published in advertisements, flyers, online or in catalogs. Only when a store agrees to sell you merchandise at a specific price are they legally obligated to honor their agreement. As the buyer, you can choose whether or not you want to agree to the price offered by the seller.

Unless (as in your case) there has been a mistake, most Swiss merchants will honor advertised prices.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
9 ways to save on groceries in Switzerland