Swissquote User Review Experience

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamewoolwichthames
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/19
  • Beiträge7

I would like to buy funds trough Swissquote.

Do I have to pay high front and back loads? 5 percent or more spreads stated in funds fact sheets. Do I have to pay that much?

• BenutzernameFast Trader
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit8/13/15
  • Beiträge173

These high (maximum) front load fees are typically mentioned in the fact sheets. Often, you don't have to pay these in reality. 

To be sure, just ask Swissquote before you buy.

• Benutzernameshuaiballebhai
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit3/19/21
  • Beiträge2

I recently deposited USD 500 into my Swissquote trading account. I sent the USD 500 by wire transfer. When I log into my Swissquote account, I see that I only have USD 480 available. Why is this so and what happened to the USD 20?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

Swissquote does not charge fees for incoming transfers from bank accounts. It charges a CHF 30 fee for deposits by check, and a 2.2%-2.5% fee for deposits by credit card.

It is possible that the bank from which you made the transfer may charge outgoing transfer fees. Depending on where you transferred the money from, it is also possible that fees were charged by third-party intermediaries involved in the transfer.

If you reside in a country where banks charge high fees for transfers to Switzerland, consider using low-cost transfer services such as peer to peer money transfers. If you transfer money to Switzerland from a bank within the SEPA region, you can often save money by specifying that you want to use a SEPA transfer.

Another possibility is that your Swissquote account had a negative balance. This may happen, for example, if you make use of Lombard loans or use a Swissquote credit card, under extraordinary circumstances. In that case a portion of your deposit might have been applied to the possible negative balance.

Best regards from Moneyguru

• Benutzernameemcor
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit11/7/22
  • Beiträge1

I had an account a SwissQuote and they blocked all my funds without any notice. I cant invest or withdraw my money now. Support just answered later said they forwarded it to the department and havent received any answer since then. They already cost me profits because I could not invest. The company is a scam. Do not trade here!