UK citizen pillar 1 rights now Brexit has happened

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• Benutzernamechrisrapier
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit4/18/24
  • Beiträge2

I have a question about claiming Swiss Pillar 1 contributions as a UK citizen who now lives in the UK. I worked in Zug 2013-2016 and Zurich 2018-2021, employed by a Swiss company. I have since returned to the UK and plan to retire here (I'm currently 48, so I have some time to go!).

Can I claim back my AHV contributions in full or can I claim a swiss state pension when I reach retirement? It is hard to find information on this in the post-Brexit world!

• Benutzernamesmartfreddy
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge29

It seems to me that the social security agreement between Switzerland and the UK doesn't allow for that. But like you said, it's very unclear.

The best thing to do is to contact the office that deals with OASI withdrawals by citizens of states that don't have a relevant social security agreement with Switzerland. If there is anyone who can answer your question, it would be them. Here is the contact info.

Phone: +41 58 461 91 11 (8am-5pm)

Schweizerische Ausgleichskasse SAK
AHV-Leistungen
Av. Edmond-Vaucher 18
Postfach 3100
1211 Genf 2
Schweiz

• Benutzernamechrisrapier
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit4/18/24
  • Beiträge2

Thank you, I appreciate the quick response!