Withholding tax

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.
  • Benutzernameandrew.hornsby2
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit5/4/22
  • Beiträge1

Hi All,

I settled a withholding tax demand amounting to 35% in April 21 from my ex employer based in Switzerland for a share grant received in March 2021.   I am retired, living in France until end Jan 2022, and receiving a small pension EU20k PA.   Can anyone tell me if there is a way to reclaim all or a portion of this tax and if there is a service that can perform this work on my behalf.  I understand the withholding tax is not a final tax but I cant seem to get any help from Swiss tax authorities.


Best regards

Andrew Hornsby


  • Benutzernameharold
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/24/17
  • Beiträge61

Hi Andrew

You need to get a tax voucher from the bank or transfer agent which handled the share transfer. If it was more than one different stock, you will need seperate tax vouchers for each.

You then have to download the double taxation form for France which you can find here:

You have to get this form signed by the French tax authorities. You can then send the completed form to the Swiss federal tax office:
Adm. fédérale des contributions AFC
Eigerstrasse 65
3003 Berne