Yallo customer reviews

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameCustomer Reviews
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit2/10/17
  • Beiträge492

Do you use Swiss mobile service provider Yallo? Have you used this provider in the past? How would you describe your customer experience at Yallo? Would you recommend it?

• Benutzernametinu61
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit6/6/19
  • Beiträge1

I have the Yallo Swiss plan. I am not satisfied with it at all. Mobile internet is very slow. Reception is poor, calls get cut off regularly. Bills are incorrect. Unfortunately, my contract only ends on 01.03.2020.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

On the telephone, a Yallo representative offered me a plan with a monthly fee of 29 francs per month if I took a 24-month contract. Now I got my bill and it’s 32.90 francs because of VAT.

I know the difference is not huge, but it seems to me that this was a miscommunication on their part. What Swiss merchant gives you prices without VAT with no warning or indication that VAT isn’t included?

Is this a tolerable practice?

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Answers
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit2/22/18
  • Beiträge103

That’s pretty surprising. In general, prices communicated by telecom companies always include VAT.

Are you sure that the markup is VAT, or might it be a fee for payment by postal deposit slip?

• Status Member
  • Beiträge103

I used Yallo for around a year and have had mostly bad experiences with this phone service.

I got double-billed and when I call customer support, I’m told that I should just ignore it and it will be corrected. Then my Internet connection was cut a few days later.

Even after terminating my contract I keep receiving bills, even for the month over which my Internet connection was cut.

I recommend you stay away from Yallo (technically good but organizationally bad, in my experience).

• Status Member
  • Beiträge103

I’d avoid it. I switched from prepaid to plan because I got an offer of 29 francs per month. I can’t even watch a movie. What now? Back to Swisscom. Sure it costs more, but I get something for it.

• Benutzernamevs-20202020
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit10/7/20
  • Beiträge1

I would advise everyone to avoid this telephone and internet provider. Please read the reviews in relevant forums and you will understand. They have terrible customer service, do not respect their contracts, overcharge their customers and are impossible to reach when you have a problem. It is a waste of time and money. If you are newcomers in this country, do not think that this is a cheap solution. This company can be considered as near fraudulent in terms of their level of service.

• Benutzernamethetownclownsa
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/25/17
  • Beiträge88

Interesting. I've used Yallo for 2 years now and on the whole I am pretty happy with it.

That said, they had a lot of technical issues whenever I made changes - first when I moved my number from Sunrise to Yallo prepaid and then when I changed from prepaid to a Yallo plan. The processes were very disorganized so I needed to call back and forth a lot to get my number working right and the billing corrected (initially they were charging me full price and not the special promotion. I also had isses with not receiving SMS messages from some numbers, which was a pain, but I managed to get that corrected.

I'd say the effort was worth it in my case because the special promotion I got was very good (25 francs per month for unlimited calls and data in Switzerland, plus 1 hour of calls to Europe, plus some data roaming). Once I finally sorted everything, it all worked fine, and has been ever since. But they certainly have room for improvement on the technical side.

• Benutzernametaduncombe
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit6/15/17
  • Beiträge1

I am a Yallo customer of 4+ years. Without my consent, Yallo changed my contract to a 4-times more expensive plan!

Without my consent and in disregard to my contract, Yallo upgraded me to a plan that was 3 to 4 times higher in cost that I didn't need. My first bill on this new plan, I realized this and contacted yallo. They reverted me back to my old plan but have refused to give me a refund for the expensive month (costing me an extra 100 CHF). The Yallo service rep was of no assistance, saying refunds are not normal, and ignoring any specifics of my case. As I said, I have been a 4+ year paying user of Yallo! Paying every bill without issue.

Their base fees are OK but they are out to grift you if you give them the chance, or in my case, they'll just take it themselves!

• BenutzernameKlausW
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit3/11/22
  • Beiträge1

I've been with yallo for ten years and any problems have been sorted out but only after a lot of pushing from my self.

Their plans are great, if you get a good 'half price deal' otherwise I'd be with Swisscom (to expensive in comparison). I've worked for a Telecommunications firm and people paid big money for Customer Service BUT in reality... if you have done research and found a super deal, then there isn't much need for that 'great customer service'. But yallo go the other way and 'sometimes' give such rotten Customer Service and they are rather silly because the aggressiveness I've had with them was solved in a very short time and thus could have left me with a sweet taste rather than a bitter taste.

I understand they are trying to undercut everything walking, but in the end it costs them possible customers and money and one time for me it was a five minutes job to fix but took many calls to solve!!

But I have to say that after working for a Telecommunications firm, that yallo is not some sort of exception on this planet. Other countries and companies have similar problems.. It is crazy but it happens in my homeland... madness in fact.

Would I recommend yallo?

Yes I would -  but with a proviso: Never agree to anything until you have thought it over; do your own research (if you are able or ask a friend) before settling on the plan you want and take note that plans can change each week and if you research on the right day, then bingo... great deal.... **this goes for any company in any country and includes my homeland**

• Benutzernamebmicianiec
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit2/15/24
  • Beiträge1

The Home Box Cable Internet hasn't worked since 15th of Dec 2023. It's been not even activated for 2 months. Of course you need to pay for the no-service. No support from the customer service. Not even a message or call. You can wait on the chat for hours, trying to connect and all you have is a bot repeating to give your personal data for an agent to contact you. Sorry, I am so disappointed.

• BenutzernameRalf Beyeler
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit1/29/18
  • Beiträge106

bmicianiec wrote on February 15, 2024

The Home Box Cable Internet hasn't worked since 15th of Dec 2023. It's been not even activated for 2 months. Of course you need to pay for the no-service. No support from the customer service. Not even a message or call. You can wait on the chat for hours, trying to connect and all you have is a bot repeating to give your personal data for an agent to contact you. Sorry, I am so disappointed.

If the service stops working for two months, then you certainly do not have to pay for the service for this period. Yallo has not fulfilled the contract. It is important to proceed correctly: If you cannot get any further with customer service via the normal channels, then send a registered letter with a complaint (In Switzerland, this is called a "Mängelrüge" in legalese.). In this letter, demand that the problems be resolved by a specific date. I consider a period of 10 days to be reasonable.

Customers of telecom companies in Switzerland have the option of contacting the Ombudscom arbitration board.

If I have understood you correctly, you were unable to contact customer service because you did not want to enter any personal details. This would also mean that Yallo does not even know that you have a problem. Or did you call customer service?

If you have a problem with Yallo, then Yallo should know about it. And you can enter your personal data for this purpose. It is therefore possible that you would still have to pay the fee for the two months, simply because you did not inform Yallo of the problem (with the necessary personal data).

If I have misunderstood you and you have had contact with customer service, then it makes sense to save the information (chat histories, short telephone notes with the time and name of the employee).

PS: I have written this answer in German and had it translated by DeepL.