Inflation Protected Bond

Inflation-protected bonds are bonds which account for the effects of inflation. The fixed yield rates are lower than those you get with conventional securities, but in exchange these securities include an adjustment rate which balances the effects of inflation.

Example: An inflation protected state bond with a 1 percent fixed yield rate and an inflation adjustment of 3 percent per year will yield total returns of 4 percent per year.

More on this topic:
Swiss securities broker comparison

Online trading brokers in comparison

Find the cheapest online broker now

Compare now
Trading platforms

Brokers with low fees

Swiss Broker


  • Swiss online bank

  • No additional exchange charges

  • No transaction fees for Swiss equities

Swiss Broker

Saxo Bank Switzerland

  • Swiss online bank

  • Favorable prices stock trading

  • High account interest rates

Swiss Broker


  • Swiss online bank

  • No custody fees for stocks

  • Free market research and trading signals

Wealth managers in comparison

Find the most favorable wealth management now

Compare now for free
Expert Benjamin Manz
Benjamin Manz is CEO of and an independent expert on banking and finance.