About the savings calculator by moneyland.ch:
- The leading Swiss savings calculator. The initial deposit, additional deposits, regularity and timing of deposits (in advance or in arrears), term and interest rate are all accounted for in results.
- Interest rates can be positive or negative.
- Find more information on the compound interest effect here.
- The German interest model is used in calculations: Every month has 30 days, a year has 360 days (30/360). In Switzerland, this is the predominant model used for investments like bonds and savings accounts.
- Entered values are not rounded off. The exact interest for each year is calculated. Only results are rounded to the nearest 5 centimes.
- Calculation of savings term: Total capital, including any additional deposits and intra-year interest, is reviewed at the end of each month. Results show the term over which the target capital will be attained or surpassed in years and months. When the target capital entered is lower than the intitial deposit and a negative interest rate is selected, results show the term required to to either match or fall below the target capital.