Call money Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Hi all around,

I want to park a larger amount of money (around 1 million CHF) for a time before I settle on a final investment. I have been considering a call money account for this purpose.

Can anyone recommend the best offer (accounting for risks, interest yields, fees, how interest compares, etc.)

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Under the current low-interest environment, call deposits are rarely offered. Those which are offered often have 0% yield rates. Because the risk of this type of investment is minimal, the returns are also minimal. Even negative interest rates may apply in some cases (for very large investments).

Swiss banks which, under normal interest conditions, do offer call deposits include: Bank Coop, bank zweiplus, Basler Kantonalbank, Berner Kantonalbank, Clientis Zürcher Regionalbank, Credit Suisse, Luzerner Kanktonalbank, PostFinance, UBS, Migros Bank and Zürcher Kantonalbank.

More on this topic:
Call deposits: pros and cons