Declaring part-time work for Swiss taxes

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.
  • BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

Do I have to declare a part-time job when completing my Swiss tax returns?

  • BenutzernameMoneyguru von
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4017

Hi there,

Income earned through secondary employment (a part-time job or self-employment) must be included in your taxable income.

However, you can deduct 20% of your secondary income to cover occupational expenses - up to a maximum deduction of 2400 francs. This flat-rate deduction applies to both federal and cantonal taxes. You will need to provide proof of expenses (receipts, for example).

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Swiss federal income tax calculator