Experience getting large loans in Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I am looking to borrow a large amount of money and I want to collect some experience before taking the leap. How high is the highest loan amount which you can get from Swiss lenders? Is there anything I should be aware of before getting a big loan?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Greetings,

Interest rates charged by Swiss lenders are based on a number of factors.

Many lenders charge different interest rates to different customers, depending on each borrower's creditworthiness. This applies to loans of all sizes.

Regardless of your creditworthiness, there are big differences in interest rates charged by different lenders so comparing loans is key. Just enter the amount you want to borrow in the moneyland.ch personal loans comparison to quickly find and compare all personal loans which are available for that amount.

Loans which exceed CHF 80,000 are not regulated by Swiss consumer credit laws which set the maximum effective interest rate at 10%. For this reason, you should pay careful attention to interest rates when you take out a loan worth more than CHF 80,000.

If you are looking for a business loan, you can easily find and compare these using the interactive business loan comparison tool on moneyland.ch. The eligibility requirements and terms of business loans differ from those of personal loans.

If you want to find out what a loan will cost you based on the amount you borrow, the effective interest rate and the loan term, just use the loan calculator.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Getting approved for a loan: Criteria
Personal loans: Key tips
Personal loans: Common mistakes
Personal loans: Tax deductions