Insurance for non-roadgoing vehicles in Switzerland

Here you will find the right answers

About Moneyland Forum

The moneyland.ch forum lets you exchange knowledge on numerous topics related to money and get answers to your questions at any time. Join forum users and experts in discussions relating to banking, investment, insurance, retirement, telecom and everyday money topics.

Show categories

Please login in or sign up to participate in the forum.

• BenutzernameMoneyland User Questions
  • Status Member
  • Registriert seit1/27/17
  • Beiträge2142

I am big on motoring and have a couple of quad bikes, go karts and pocket bikes. Recently I have added a few expensive toys to my collection. How should I go about insuring these. Can I get some kind of car insurance? Are they protected by my renters insurance?

• BenutzernameMoneyguru von moneyland.ch
  • OrtSchweiz
  • Status Expert
  • Registriert seit8/4/15
  • Beiträge4002

Hi there,

If you plan to drive your vehicles on public roads, you will need to make sure that the vehicle is approved for use on public roads and that you are properly insured.

Quad bikes can normally be insured by motorcycle liablity, collision and comprehensive insurance.

Go carts and pocket bikes cannot be use on public roads, and therefore do not need extra liability car insurance. You should be able to cover these with personal liability insurance and household insurance, but this may require adding optional riders at additional premiums.

Best regards from Moneyguru

More on this topic:
Collision car insurance explained
Comprehensive car insurance explained
Liability car insurance explained